Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Return

I return to my God...Today

As a prodigal, I ran, I took my inheritance~all that I had built with my Father~ I asked to have it all
He saw that I had chosen, my Papa gave me all that I had saved, all that we had put together with time...
I walked, I ran, I was free I thought...
Joyful and strong I meandered into the world..I gave a little here and there and here again...and there...I soon found myself empty, alone and it hurt..
What would my Father say right now? After all that He sacrificed? My heart was crushed, my spirit fainted within me...I must go back, I must say I am sorry... I want the life I once lived..joyful just to be in my Father's presence..
It was a lonely and long way back home...feet swollen, heart sunk, body beaten and bruised, tears wetting my face and my tattered clothes...I arrived at my father's house.
I was far from Him but it's like He had never forgotten me..it had been so long. I did not look the same even the slightest bit.
What do I say? What do I do? Dad is staring and running towards me...my feet froze but my heart melted at the love that was coming my way...
I felt the love from such a far distance..I couldn't be worthy of such love..It's too great too much~
Before I got far in my thoughts my Papa embraced me like never before..He didn't want explanations..He just wanted me, he just wanted me...
I wasn't worthy, I was not deserving..besides, I had hurt him so very much~ but its like as soon as I came back, my faults were as the mist, forgotten..forgotten...I am forgiven, I am loved. My Papa said.. Welcome home..Now let's celebrate!

2 comments: